Thread: Newb questions
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
Taantric
Taantric began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Nook Color
Newb questions

Hi, long time lurker first time poster. The built-in utility to extract/create PDF metadata from the filename is pretty cool.

However when I am trying to import a large number of ebooks, some might have the structure "Author - Title", while others will have "Author - Title - Series", or "Title (By Author) - Series". Is there a RegEx that I can use which help in this situation? I tried going through the RE documention but just can't get my head around it.

Also I have noticed that Calibre does not seem to save the metadata, it extracts using the above, to the PDF file's properties (ie if I save ebook from the library to the harddisk and then open using Acrobat, look at the File->Properties, there is no metadata like Title or Author, even though it shows those in Calibre).

Lastly I uploaded about 450mb of PDF's to the SD card via Calibre, then verified that the cache.xml on the SD had been updated with the metadata. Disconnected the device and then it was nearly 20mins before I could use it. Is that normal?
Taantric is offline   Reply With Quote