View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
Cordanim
Kindle Newbie
Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, Kindle 3 3G, iPad 2, BlackBerry Bold 9900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
This is exactly what worries me, the inability to switch of the light completely and so avoid unnecessary eyestrain. My Paperwhite is still on order but I shall make very sure my eyes are not going to suffer before I decide to keep it. I tried the Kobo Glo that has a light you can turn off. I really liked it, other than the fact that the light settings cannot be turned down low enough.

Why is it so hard for the manufacturers to get it right I wonder. The flexibility of formatting and the light on/off switch from the Glo and the light variability from the Paperwhite ...... are you listening Sony, or anyone else?
Please don't compare the Kobo Glo (or the Nook with light) to the Paperwhite Now that I have my PW, and having played with both the Kobo and Nook models, there is absolutely NO comparison...

I have to agree with the others here, too, that sliding the light down to 1 or 2 makes it pretty much "off" in my opinion.
Cordanim is offline   Reply With Quote