View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #19
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poomex View Post
My Kindle 4.0.1 password is 'mario'.
Do you know if there is some pattern how root password will change after update to 4.1.0 or maybe there is a way to have password the same after update?
You can edit the shadow file and copy in the mario hash. That is what I did for the diags partitions when I added SSH, so it can be copied without having a root pw that depends on a serial number. Diags is normally NOT mario...

You could change it with a passwd command, but then it would no longer be an 8-character DES hash.

Updates are not known to change passwords (yet). It is possible that an image somebody created has THEIR password in it.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote