View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
i'm being totally flippant but i can't help it. the whole 'blame piracy,not our business models stuck in the 1800s' approach of publishers just lends itself to lulz.

you have a good point with 'paid' sites. it seems to me that they should be the first targets because the operators are directly profiting from the swindle.
Have some karma

Paid sites are the real pirates. Making money off this sort of stuff is wrong. However file sharing sites may be closed but others emerge to replace those closed down. It is a pyrrhic victory at best.

Evolve a better business model? Nope, I doubt they could ever conceive the notion let alone implement such change.

Last edited by sabredog; 02-16-2012 at 05:44 PM.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote