View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #258
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I strongly agree with Chaley that it is not a good idea.

I did this once upon a time and had to undo it for aesthetic reasons.

Plus I had some really long titles sas a result that caused path too deep problems and you could often not see the whole title unless you scrolled in the field.

One suggestion is to use a composite column made up of title and series and display it as your first column. Then you could see how it worked for you without actually changing the books. Probably it could be used as your plugboard input as well. Custom columns can be deleted easily without any effect on your books.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote