View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Both Mobipocket (.prc/.mobi) and Microsoft reader (.lit) are easy to strip. (not break - you must know the keys with which the files were encoded).

If you're on windows I'd advise going for .lit files, since in general they have the best quality HTML and images, and are easiest to convert to other formats.

If you're not on Windows, obtaining DRMed .lit files is very hard or impossible, so I'd advise going for Mobipocket.

eReader format can also be stripped easily, but has a very specific coding of the text, which can be converted to HTML, but means it's not as convenient as the other two.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoleaf View Post
I'm wondering which drm format is easiest to break. I don't like the idea of being forced to use one device or the possibility of the device switching formats. At the least, I'd like to be prepared for the worst. As I don't own an eReader yet (waiting on Kindle 2 and the Astak updates) this would help decide things. Thanks!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote