View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
LTE tethering as 4G replacement ( my own test )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
LTE drains batteries like crazy. It's a known problem. My S2 Skyrocket suffered huge batty drain whenever I used it. If it was just 3G or 4G on its own, it probably would be close to 2-5% battery usage.
But ...

Based on those numbers, it looks it can be a good substitute if wifi is not near close.

I kind of had an idea was going to use a lot of battery, but wanted to do my own test. It was not too bad, in my opinion. For a one hour usage, like an emergency or at lunch time, when taking a break, it may do the trick.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote