View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Wouldn't app devs have to retool for portable device app development? Seems to me you'd have a bit of a catch-22: devs waiting for a demand for chrome apps from a solid userbase, and a userbase waiting on devs to provide a solid chrome app environment before considering switching from Android devices.

Gotta have the apps to lure the users to lure the devs to make the apps.

It wasn't hard to get people to take a chance on a fledgling "not Apple" ecosystem. But I think it would be a lot more difficult to lure people from a vibrant Android ecosystem to a fledgling "almost-but-not-quite Android" ecosystem.

Not to say they won't try more Chrome devices out, mind you. I just don't see them going for a wholesale "replacement."
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote