View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 AM   #1618
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
What do people think the minimum age recommendation for reading the Dreseden files series is?
My son is 12 and a voracious reader, but this series seems too adult (referring to sexual content and torture scenes etc) for his age, but not sure when is appropriate to allow him to read it.

I know he could understand and process it though, just concerned about the adult concepts.
It's going to depend a lot on the kid, but if he's reading any adult books now, these ones are probably fine. I wouldn't necessarily hand my just-turned-12 nephew the Dresden Files (and he's really still reading middle school stuff, and not "voraciously"), but I started reading Stephen King when I was 12-13, and he's more graphic in every respect than Butcher. If you were to brush book one under the rug (it does, after all, revolve around sex magic, and isn't that vital in setting up the characters) he would probably be fine.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote