View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #21
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
Just for fun, I put on my science hat and checked the paper (I have access through work). The 2 devices they are using are the Sony PRS 600 and the Apple iPad (1st generation). I only looked at Figure 1 (because the rest of the paper contains tables and they bore me). Particularly for General Fatigue, but also slightly for visual fatigue, the LCD device was subjectively worse for all trials. However, the differences were not statistically significant. HOWEVER, they only had 10 participants (5 male, 5 female, all right-handed). I would be very interested to see the statistics on a larger population, for example 100 people.
While you're science-hatting, if you have time would you mind checking the paper for any declaration of funding, sponsorship, and donations? Cheers. (Eta: or just PMing me a copy!)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote