View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
Gregory Faccone
Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregory Faccone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
If you can get editors to help with book content and cover designers to help with the front ... what sort of third party help exists to assist with blurbs? Anyone?
A literary agent perhaps? But you are the captain of your own book. No one knows it or cares about it like you. With some research on the "how to," guidance on content, and feedback from a trusted few, it can be taken on by the author if they choose.

Authors need an external editor by the nature of that mission, to catch issues initially overlooked. Some need cover designers because they do not have the artistic skills for such an endeavor. But a blurb is just another form of writing. A particular one with its own peculiar set of restrictions, but still within the tool-set of an author.

That is just my opinion. There are marketing experts out there I surmise who are very good at it. I wonder, in this new era of self publishing, if more and more authors are just doing it themselves. You could always try it, run it past some people and see how good it is. Seek out a pro if you are not satisfied.
Gregory Faccone is offline   Reply With Quote