View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Yes, that could very well be the conflict. Running “dmesg” after trying insmod on the target may offer additional clues.

I tried adding that module as well, and in my case it's built for ARMv7. I guess that it's key that you run the “make xconfig” (or menuconfig) step with the right cross-compiler settings as well:
Code:
env PATH=$PWD/../android-ndk-r6/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin:$PATH make -j4 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-androideabi- xconfig
If that turns out to be your problem, I'll update my guide to make this explicit.

No, a “make modules_install” is not required to use the module.

Last edited by altruizine; 08-20-2012 at 11:32 AM.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote