View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I think a RUNME.sh like this with geekmaster's data.tar.gz will also provide this w/o a ssh:

(Didn't try before )

RUNME.sh:
Code:
test -f /mnt/us/RUNME.done && exit
touch /mnt/us/RUNME.done
mkdir mnt/us/screensaver
mntroot rw
mv /opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800 /opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800_
ln -s /mnt/us/screensaver /opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800
mntroot ro
If you use geekmaster's data.tar.gz, you can shorten that RUNME.sh to this:
Code:
mkdir mnt/us/screensaver
mntroot rw
mv /opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800 /opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800_
ln -s /mnt/us/screensaver /opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800
All the other steps are done for you by the file that calls RUNME.sh

In fact, the first line of your script will always exit immediately, because the RUNME.done file is created BEFORE the RUNME.sh script is called.

I also did not test this, but I know that the lines I removed should not be there.

EDIT:
Oops... I see on closer inspection that you are writing to the root partition, in which case you may need the "mnrtoot rw". I am accustomed to booting diags and mounting mmcblk0p1 writable. I think that the "mntroot ro" is not necessary because RUNME.sh runs early in startup and the root partition goes back to "ro" mode in a later startup script, but it does not hurt to put it back in there just to be sure. Sorry about that.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote