View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
What is the chance I mess up my Reader by trying this out?
I am quite eager to try it out, but I am very cautious, because I live quite far from USA, so getting my Reader reflashed or repaired would be very problematic for me.
Hi, kacir,

when I did tests with this game (and there are a lot of things the reader doesn't like at all, like German letters ä,ö,ü and others) the worst that ever happened is that the reader froze and I had to reset it (small hole at backside of it) with a small screwdriver - just press the button "in the hole" for 3-5 seconds, then move the "POWER" slider at its side.
The screen says s.th. like "Starting up" for 1-3 minutes. Next the sandclock turns for another 1-3 minutes (didn't take time).
Actually I had to do this about once every two days when I started developping. But in the last two weeks I did not have to reset even once...

I think that really nothing CAN happen since applications that don't do a "Flash" of firmware do not change any internal files or values or whatever.

Clemens
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote