Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
I want something that would show my collection in ways that are meaningful to me at the time of searching, so I can see which books are missing a ebk format, or which Stainless Steel Rat books have yet to come out.
In the search bar enter:

Code:
format!ebk
for all books that dont have ebk format. Assuming you've tagged the books that have yet to be released:
Code:
series:"Stainless Steel Rat" tag:unreleased
will do the trick. I doubt there's any collection querying feature that you can think of that calibre can't do.

And to address the concerns about folder organization. My perspective is: does it really matter? Why do you organize your books into folders in the first place? I'm guessing, so that you can find a particular book faster and keep the various files belonging to a "book" in one place. I claim that having the books managed by calibre allows you to find them much faster than in any conceivable folder layout. Not only that, you get automatic support for rich metadata (covers, summaries, series, ratings, etc) and the ability to seamlessly convert either individually or in batch any given subset of your books at the click of a button.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote