View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #128
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Have you seen the instructions attached to the first post in this thread? That gives the steps you need to create a Kobo dictionary, all of which can be automated. There are three main steps:

1. Converting the source dictionary into the html format used by the Kobo.
2. Creating an index from the html.
3. Packaging the html and index into the Kobo dictionary.

Steps 2 & 3 are generic and are good candidates for a generic program; in fact I have code that does this already. I'm thinking about tidying it up and making it generally available; I don't know if there is much demand for it. It is Windows only.

Step 1 is the most time consuming and is bespoke to each source dictionary, as they all have their own formats. Again for this step I write a program, but it is specific to each source dictionary. Depending on the source, it can be done manually using a text editor and e.g., regular expressions, or perhaps xslt tranformations if you have the skill.

I think AlPe is also working on a converter program; see here.
Yes, that's correct. I want to add "output to Kobo format" to Penelope, my script that converts XML-like or Stardict dictionaries to the format required by the Bookeen Cybook Odyssey.

I really wanted to spend some time on it last weekend, but my spare time was consumed discussing interesting stuff about (our) Audio-eBooks with DAISY.

I will try to write the output function by the end of this week.

Last edited by AlPe; 12-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote