View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #207
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I understand what you mean. But what you are asking for has nothing to do with font embedding. When the "Embed fonts" option is enabled in the "Save as eBook" window, Atlantis Word Processor automatically embeds all the necessary font files in the saved eBook files. If you unpack an EPUB file generated by Atlantis with the "Embed fonts" option enabled, it would contain the "Fonts" folder with the TrueType .ttf files corresponding to the fonts used in your source document.

Regardless of the "Embed fonts" option, Atlantis includes information about fonts in the styles.css file. I presume you do not actually mean "font embedding". You mean saving no font formatting (font-families) to EPUB (to the styles.css file). In this way, all eReaders would display your eBook with their default fonts.

I agree that omitting "font-family" formatting in EPUBs altogether might be useful. I might have some news on this soon.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote