View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've found a bug in the plugin. I just converted a KF8/AZW3 file to ePub and the embedded fonts are now corrupt. They are fine when I tweak the KF8, but in the ePub, they are no good.
I think you'll find that the fonts are simply obfuscated, not corrupt. The embedded fonts still display fine when viewing the ePub in a reader capable of dealing with standard font obfuscation (such as ADE-based apps/devices).

If the fonts were obfuscated in the KF8 file, then they will be obfuscated in the ePub that Mobi_Unpack produces. This is not a bug ... it's a design choice. There's several easy ways to de-obfuscate those font files if that's something you have no qualms about doing, but you'll have to make that call (and do the homework) yourself. Mobi_Unpack won't do it for you.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-24-2012 at 10:24 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote