View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Labyrinth - A Magical Contest Turns Bad

The Labyrinth is a novella (19,000 words) that tells the story of Keric Olwyhn, a young wizard who participates in a magical competition that goes fundamentally wrong, pitting him and his fellow competitors against a deadly maze in a desperate struggle for survival.

While the story in the novella stands alone, I wrote it as an introduction to my full length novel Of Spells and Demons, which takes place in the same setting with the same protagonist.

From my reviews:

Quote:
His characters are as rich as Stephen Kings; his combat, spellcasting and dialogue all filled with details that keep you turning the (virtual) page. You won't find many short stories that make you look immediately to see what happens to the hero... this one will.
Quote:
I really enjoyed this short story/novella. I liked the characters and how they interacted along with the spellcasting systems. The sequel is definitely on my to buy list.
The novella is available for free at Smashwords and Amazon.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote