View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #130
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I don't think that's what the DRM debate is about. I'm anti-DRM and I'm anti-piracy. DRM doesn't attempt to punish pirates. It pre-supposes that I am a pirate, and must therefor have my books shackled to a particular device or otherwise constrained. I resent the implication and will not participate in a business relationship with a vendor who assumes all of its customers are thieves.

As many have already pointed out, DRM only punishes the innocent. So many of these DRM vs. Piracy threads miss the point entirely. I'm not anti-DRM because I'm a book pirate. I'm anti-DRM because I'm not a pirate and refuse to be treated like one.
Hear, hear!