View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I'm struggling to follow this. If I charge it before it is flat, that means I go throught the charge/discharge cycles faster (i.e. I can't use it as long before I need to recharge). That means I will reach the limit of, 500/1000 cycles sooner, hence the battery will NOT last as long.
I take this to mean "Don't let it get low" or you use up a "cycle" dragging it up from empty :/
This seems to be true with my Cell (similar battery), It goes on-charge at night and will last 2 days if I need it to. It is over 2 years old.

This is 180 out from what we learned to do with NiCd batteries, where the "rule" was discharge all the way or they got lazy and would not last as long between charges.

Is this even an issue?
The charge in my PEz lasts well over a week of use:
1000/52 is 19 years if you charge once a week.
Now I expect that the battery will chemically deteriorate long before you cycle it to death
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote