View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #28
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkoh View Post
This is a great topic! Lots of great tips.

I tried converting a PDF to epub, but having some issues [...]

Does anyone have any tips to handle tables and equations? Can they be automatically converted to images to make sure they look exactly as in the PDF?
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I know some people don't always like reviving old threads, but this was a thread I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. If you want to preserve the look of the PDF file, particularly equations, you might look at the tools in the MR PDF forum. The drawback is that they mostly convert PDF only to (re-formatted) PDF, not PDF to ePub. But most mobile devices can read PDF files just fine, particularly if the PDF pages are sized for the device. You just get a different mix of features compared to the ePub format, as you no doubt are aware, and part of that depends on the device itself (some devices have better PDF viewing software than others). It depends on what your end goal is (e.g. do you just want to get a document to where you can read it on your device, or do you truly want to convert it, as accurately as possible, to a new format).
willus is offline   Reply With Quote