Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #118
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
Since we're allready waaaaay off-topic here, and this is developing to become a programming thread instead, I just wanted to submit this and this. Note particularly the comments about c++ and Python. I've never used COBOL so I can't determine whether the comments about that are justified or not
Absolutely hilarious. I liked the first link better, being more inclusive. But the second link had ADA, which the first did not. I wonder why.

That said, I am familiar with more of these languages than you young 'uns would admit to. I kept chuckling out loud (no, I won't use the term LOL) until the wife finally had to ask what I was laughing about.

I had to resort to a modification of a well-known meme:

"If you're a programmer, no explanation is necessary. If you are not a programmer, no explanation is possible."

She only codes in HTML.

And I must add, I was TOTALLY OFFENDED at the description of SAS. That was my first exposure to anything like a 4GL, and there isn't much you can't do with it. (at least, within the set of things I wanted to do - statistical analysis, chemical kinetics calculations, and database translations.)

Afterthought re 4GL: wonder why they didn't include LabView. A target-rich environment if ever I saw one.

Last edited by st_albert; 09-28-2013 at 09:42 PM.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote