Thread: Accessories Finally! New Kindle Cover! M-Edge
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
I liked what I saw on their site, but had a few questions, and got the reply below. For the price, I'm a bit surprised that the cover is not leather. Think I'll wait a bit before buying. Here is what they emailed me:

Dear Kindle owners,
Thank you for your recent inquiries regarding the M-edge Accessories Executive Jacket for the Amazon Kindle. We have received substantial interest in this product line and numerous questions. We would like to pass along the following information in hopes of answering most of your questions regarding this jacket.

1) Color options: we are initially releasing this case in black, red, and brown. We may consider other colors such as pink and green in the future based consumer demand.
2) The Executive jacket will easily fold back on itself, and there is no need to remove kindle from the jacket to use it.
3) We have not tested the Executive jacket with Mighty Bright Light to determine compatibility.
4) The exterior of the Executive jacket is synthetic leather
5) The Executive jacket will come in contact with the click wheel when closed; however the click wheel will not be held in the depress position when the jacket is closed.
6) We intend to add additional pictures to our website as soon as possible.
7) Dimensions and weight: 7-3/4" x 6"; 5 ozs
8) There is an elastic strap over upper right corner that allows for easy access to the power and wireless transmitting switches. This strap can easily be pulled away from the kindle and does not depress the "next page" button.