Thread: hit a wall
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #7
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Les Miserables definitely builds quite a wall. I always read unabridged editions, but that was one novel I should have read an abridged edition - that is, if I bothered to read it at all. I felt like I was reading a thesaurus of phrases, as he seemed to find half a dozen ways of saying the same thing.

When I finished reading it, my main thought was admiration not for Victor Hugo, but for the composer(s) of the musical. That they were able to compose such wonderful music from such a boring novel is truly remarkable.

This is considered Victor Hugo's best book. If so, I'm certainly in no hurry to read his other ones!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote