View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #134
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Maybe you could come up with a nickname for these guys in a roundabout way if your treat LEO as the Latin word for lion. (Leo refers both to the animal and the star constellation.)
Ooh, I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Strike Force LEO9?
As in LEO Unit 9.
The military likes puns as much as anybody.
Or, a more generic: Strike Force LEO.
And I like that. A lot. Doitsu and fjtorres, for the win!

I wonder whether I can co-opt the rest of the Zodiac signs as descriptors for other military units. The special ops teams are LEOs. Could the heavy artillery spacecraft be TAURUSes? And the cyberwarfare teams be SCORPIOs? Because using astrological constellations to describe orbital combatants would be just too cool.

Time to go acronym hunting.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote