View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
So, the question is, can I upload any of these works here?
Someone else should correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the policy here is to allow uploads as long as the uploader has a legal right to distribute the work. So e.g. if the work is public domain in the US and you're a US citizen then it's fine even if the work is still under copyright in the UK. People downloading books are requested to check to make sure that the book is legal for them to download in their jurisdiction.

For the Wodehouse books in particular, I'm pretty sure that PG makes sure they have solid evidence any work they provide is in the public domain in the US -- you can always ask them if you want to know the details.

-Marshall
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote