View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowerbird View Post
harry said:

i'm wondering why you put "restriction" in quotes,
as if to imply that it's not _really_ a "restriction"...

it is.
What I meant was that it's not clear to me how it would be practical to change fonts in a document which might contain several different fonts. ie which font would you change? The ability to change font seems to be associated, almost inevitably, with the requirement that a document only contain a single font. ie the inability to change font is, in a sense, due to the lack of the restriction that a document only contain one font.

Quote:
as to the "benefit" of having multiple fonts, well...

to me, this just means that instead of having all the text
in the one font that i prefer, because i can read it best,
i have it in multiple fonts that i don't prefer because i
cannot read them best.

if that's a "benefit", you can keep it...

-bowerbird
There are many books in which it is advantageous to use different fonts. Eg, in a programming textbook, one would probably want to have the main text of the book in a proportional font, but the code listings in a monospaced font. The Reader can do that - MobiPocket can't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote