View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:58 AM   #1
LOL2005
LOL2005 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Post Hello Sony, stuff missing in the PRS-505

I have been intensively using the Sony reader the last two weeks. The device is great but Sony could make it even better.

I would suggest them the following enhancements

Hardware:
* make it a bit lighter (low priority)
* improve the screen (High priority), Vizplex is good but there is still room for improvement
* improve the device speed (medium priority)
* improve the buttons (medium priority), I think we need to press just a bit harder than we should to turn pages. Please keep the two wheels for those of us who turn pages with the left hand

Software
* Add multi language support (French, Spanish, German, Russian...) - (medium priority)

* Add more formats
- HTML(High priority)
- Epub (High priority)

* Add support for dictionary(ies) (super high priority)
2000+ books and no dictionary, it doesn't make sense

* Add possibility to change the screen orientation in the image menu option (we should not need to go back to the main option menu) - (medium priority)

* improve pdf support
- pdf background is darker than other format backgrounds. This is not good, please fix it (high priority). Thanks to www.feedbooks.com , a good pdf support is far from been useless in the reader
- Possibility to zoom in pdf (medium priority)

* Add the possibility to search in a document. (Medium priority)

*Add the possibility to change the font. (I like Arial not Times - (High priority)

Other enhancements:

Connect books, It should be possible to expand the reading area of Connect documents. We lose a lot of screen real estate with the useless margin around the text. The reading area is a bit two small to fully enjoy the reading experience. We should get 6' of reading area not 4'

Regarding pricing: $300 is a fair price for the device you get. I would compare the Sony Reader with the first generation Ipod. Increase functionalities, not the price

What did I miss?
LOL2005 is offline   Reply With Quote