View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
To my way of thinking --
To be a writer just means they wrote something. A professional writer means they were paid for something they wrote. Neither of those is a solid indicator of the quality of what they wrote.

I imagine statistics support that words-for-pay are written to a higher average standard but my anecdotal evidence suggests pay just isn't a strong enough separator. Maybe I'm just too much a curmudgeon when I think most writing is crap.

I do agree with what Rizla mentioned. Everyone has a number of "bad words in them." That is just another way of saying writing is a craft and we expect craftsmanship to improve with experience.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote