View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
The only point I was making was about ones you create yourself for your own device. (Though I'd love it if retailers would sell a variety of PDFs formatted for different screens, or let you customize when you download rather like feedbooks does.)

But under those conditions, it's still better than anything else. You can use whatever fonts you want, whatever font sizes you want, and true typographical quality like ligatures, pair kerning, margin kerning, paragraph-centric whitespace control, typographical feathering, etc., impossible with any other format.

I don't think we're disagreeing about anything except whether one ought to say "PDF is not an eBook format". I'd qualify that as "PDF is not a one-size fits-all source eBook format".
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote