View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #15
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
mgm1979: My thought is this, as I mentioned above. They're either out to kill ebooks (because of the whole wanting control and "we don't wanna change" mentality) or they're getting greedy and see this as a way to increase profits exponentially.

gabrieldj: I'm no supporter of piracy by any means, or any kind of illegal file sharing. It hurts everyone it touches. (PS, Sharing files on limewire, bittorrent, and the like is properly referred to as file sharing, not piracy.) However, I can't deny the benefits it's reaped. On the downside, it's also created a draconian copyright and law system under which even I'm smarting, and I'm an author! I try to provide everything my readers want in the best way I know how, and yet these jack***'s are hell bent on ruining everything for everyone. Even many of the ereader makers (Not everyone, just many of the bigger names.) are doing everything they can to screw over people, and all in the name of profits. It's really pathetic and frustrating IMHO. >.<;;

It's why I published with one of the smaller publishing houses. They actually treat the authors and customers as real humans, and do things realistically. That's something the big houses can't and refuse to do. And personally, I'm sick of it.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote