View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #22389
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
This one is a wiz bang buggah with all the bells and whistles. It cost $400 at COSTCO and has a MSRP of nearly $600. I bought it mostly because consumable costs are much lower than the “Gillette” sales model ones, and expected to recover the high initial cost in much lower reoccurring costs.

Sigh, the attack of the killer ants blew that idea up!
Did you go for the new drum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I think that's not as true as it once was because modern ink cartridges last so much longer than they did when computer printers first came on the market. I remember when ink cartridges lasted practically no time at all. These days you can go quite a while between cartridge changes.
Well you can get a multi-function printer here for under £100 and even on the cheapest printer cartridges (Kodak) it still costs about a quarter of that for a black and colour pair, which maybe last a couple of months if you're lucky. So in under a year you have already spent more than the printer cost on ink, at least in my experience.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote