View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #46
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I am in the same boat as melmac - I have an iPhone 3S now and will probably upgrade this cycle. Is it worth the $100+ for the faster processor of the 5S over the 5C? Will the difference be noticeable at all? I don't care about any of the other features other than the nicer casing.

Also, can I transfer my SIM card from the 3S to the 5S or do I have to go through my service provider? Thanks.
As a rule, I advise everyone to buy the latest iteration of a smartphone. My reasoning is as follows: the true cost of a phone is not its upfront price, but its lifetime cost (which includes the cellular contract). On average, that comes to about $2,000 over two years. Keeping that figure in mind, what may at first seem like a substantial price increase is actually only about 5% of the phone's total cost over its lifespan (or even less, if you keep it longer). In exchange, you get all the latest hardware upgrades and the guarantee of more future OS updates. You'll be more satisfied with performance, be able to keep your phone longer, and be better able to run resource-intensive future software. It'll also have a higher resale value should you wish to get rid of it.

If you buy a 5S you'll need to get a new nano-SIM card (which replaces the old micro-SIM format) from your carrier.

Last edited by holymadness; 09-11-2013 at 09:44 AM.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote