View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #40
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward M. Grant View Post
Have you actually used a tablet with a keyboard dock?

A laptop has all the heavy stuff under the keyboard. A tablet has all the heavy stuff in the screen. A tablet with a keyboard dock is a slow netbook with a touch interface that's continually trying to topple over.

I bought the dock with my Transformer thinking I'd use the keyboard a lot, but about all I do use it for is a quick power boost when the tablet battery is running out. If I actually need to type something I use the laptop instead.
I have an Acer Iconia Tab running Windows8 preview, and have never had a problem with it "trying to topple over". I have a 22" monitor and an external hard drive plugged into the keyboard dock, and when I leave the house, I just pull it off the dock and go. I also have the option of unplugging the monitor and external drive and taking both tablet and keyboard with me--they lock together for travel just like a traditional laptop. I would only do this if I was going on an extended trip. For everyday out and about just the tablet portion works fine.

Yes...I could use a laptop, and I did for years. I would much rather use this. It's perfect for my purposes.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote