View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ath
But books contra e-books? I won't read while I'm jogging, nor will I read anywhere else where I can't take a pocket book.
You could... one thing people don't much think about is the possibility of combining e-books with voice output software, and having the books read to you by your reader/computer. This essentially makes it an audiobook, and although it surely won't sound as good as an audiobook read by a voice professional, it could be listened to while jogging, driving, bathing, etc. (And hopefully someday electronic voice synthesis will be improved enough to compete with human voice quality.)

I thought the interview was wonderfully comprehensive of the e-book industry and e-books' issues and advantages.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote