View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #22
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
By the time I decide there will be a new reader out and a new Touch out and the decision may be easier.
Don't bank on it being easier decision - and to be honest, it's always going to have to be your decision, whatever our opinions.

I think the question really is what are you going to use it for most of all? I have an iPhone and a Cybook, my wife has an iPod Touch and a Cybook; the Cybooks are for reading, nothing else; I read occasionally on my iPhone if I find myself hanging around whilst out and about. My wife never reads on her IPT.

If you mostly want a device for reading, then get a reader. Most of them will also play MP3 files in one way or another, but that's about the extent of their versatility. If you want to be able to use it as a PDA, listen to music, pick up your email, access the internet and make Skype calls from wifi hotspots, watch the odd movie, play a few games, oh, and read a book occasionally, then go for the iPod Touch. Like others have posted here, I have no problem reading on the iPTs screen, and find the whole 'fingerprint and battery life' complaints absurd.

I'd also suggest you try out both devices before making the purchase - perhaps using the 'view a device in a cafe near you' list on these very boards.

Best of luck with your decision - let us know what you go for.

Cheers, Pete.

p.s. I wouldn't want to be without either of my devices, but if push came to shove I can't imagine being without iPhone/iPT, so the Cybook'd be history - though for reasons other than reading...
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote