View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
BugA
Enthusiast
BugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enoughBugA will become famous soon enough

Device: Prestigio Nobile PER3162BN, Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up

LOL, I fixed the issue following this post. I`m not sure whether to laugh or cry... :/ I`ll try updating to 5.3.6 again to see what happens.

What concerns me, beside this being a clear bug, is that it looks like the "sleep" mode activated during the period of inactivity (with cover being open) and the one triggered by closing the cover are not the same, or else simple closing of the cover would fix the issue, too :/

It`s not just about the bug triggering a full screen refresh on each page turn, but it makes the device pretty slow and sluggish (as described in previous posts). Could it reduce the battery life, too (if it`s some stuck background worker application)?

p.s. As I saw that some related this behavior to room temperature, I don`t know if it worths to mention that we had a pretty hot last few days (~ 40°C)... though I didn`t notice the weird behavior until I updated the firmware to 5.3.6 last night, and now the mentioned "let is sleep naturally" fix solved the issue (for now) without any climate changes

edit: mfabry, I have no books on it, I deleted everything from the device just to be sure that it`s not the indexing issue. But as I managed to fix the problem, it`s all good now, thanks anyway

Last edited by BugA; 06-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.
BugA is offline   Reply With Quote