Thread: Help for newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
PeteS
Enthusiast
PeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enoughPeteS will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
This sounds like the html copy just has a link to the email, not the contents of the email. You will need to have the contents before you can put it into calibre.

A saved html document will normally have a .htm file and a folder of files used by the .htm file. If you drag the .htm file into calibre, it will create a book entry, automatically grab the folder of files and make a zip file out of the whole thing. Then you can convert that book to another format.

Your problem seems to be that you don't have an html file of what you want. You have an html file with a link to what you want.
I've tried all the methods I can think of to save the contents of my email newsletter but on checking the properties of each it show that it is linked to the Yahoo browser - and I've tried dragging each to calibre but get the same error each time. I'm not too good at the technical side of the computer so its obviously something I'm not doing right or at all.

Any ideas?

In the meantime I've downloaded PDF Creator so I can use that format until I can, with plenty of help, get HMTL working.
PeteS is offline   Reply With Quote