Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #765
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
@ixtab: I'll try to hunt down diggory (he wrote kindcalc) to question him about developer keys. And I have jbpatch 2.40, so there's nothing I can do now.
As I said, unregister and re-register your Kindle. the Kindcalc key has only been included in later versions of JBPatch, so if you had installed JBPatch before I included this key, you will still be using an old version of the keystore which doesn't include that key.

(In fact, I now remember that I had the exact problem that you mentioned while trying to install Kindcalc).

And yes, it may be a good idea to ask the developer to start using a well-known key. There is absolutely no reason to use a different one, as it only complicates things for everyone.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 04:22 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote