Thread: PRS-950 Writing your own Review
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #15
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I just checked wifi access on three additional unsecured networks and they have all connected within about 15 seconds or so and I was able to use them without a problem. You might want to try a hard reset or seeing if you can connect to other networks to try to narrow down the problem.
I suspect the real problem is two-fold. I am going to write Sony within the next 24 hours to find out if they can confirm or deny my suspicions. My hunch, and I stand my by original assessment that the Reader's WIFI component is feeble, is that,

a. the Reader fails to connect where a separate web based login is required, and

b. where a certificate must be downloaded to the device after a web based login.

If my theory is confirmed to be true, this essentially cripples the device's connectivity at a mind-numbingly vast array of wifi hotspots throughout the world.
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote