View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benni-chan View Post
Thanks for the Info. Had the same problem.
But it would be nice, if you could tell calibre to embed the metadata into the epub file.
I'm using calibre2opds and upload the whole calibre database (including the catalog) to my webspace. But that way, the metadata in the epub files isn't correct.

Hope you can understand, what I mean.
You can convert EPUB->EPUB to embed changed metadata. By default, Calibre tries not to change your original file when it is imported. I prefer that philosophy, as I want to keep my original without any changes until I'm sure the changes haven't caused a problem. Using Save to Disk or Send to Device, Calibre also updates the metadata. Unfortunately, the way calibre2opds is designed, it accesses the file directly, so you do not get updated metadata unless you do the EPUB->EPUB conversion.

Last edited by Starson17; 08-15-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote