View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 02:21 AM   #120
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
The format quality rating tag (the abbreviations) and associated discussion will stay in KISS unchanged until I figure out an answer to the issue of different tagging levels for formats and book records that can hold multiple formats.

Experienced users say:
Keep original incoming format.
Use "preferred" format such as ePub where feasible.
Clean-up, producing a new clean format.

All of which give one book record multiple formats of differing format quality levels, assuming that they are kept in same record.

I'm saying I think it's important to know which of those formats is now the best format. (Given not deleting the older uncleaned ones out of the record like I used to, after hearing experienced users' advice to keep them.) Because I don't know which format is the best unless I tag them per format somehow.

So, how do experienced users handle this issue? Which of my assumptions or initial premises are wrong?

Last edited by unboggling; 08-21-2011 at 03:42 AM.