View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #639
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm going to say yes because every time Amazon's updates the default fonts they add more kern pairs.
I have kerned my Caecilia modified font and it does not change how the test is displayed in an AZW3 formatted book (with no publisher fonts - I ran it through calibre).

Below are two screenshots. The first is with no kerning set and the second is with manual kerning. In particular, I changed the "wr" and "ri" to have a kern value of 100 to see if it changed the word "wrinkled".

I have restarted my KPW so many times today playing with the modified Caecilia font.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Caecilia60wt50spM1K.png
Views:	280
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	101524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Caecilia60wt50spM1K2.png
Views:	284
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	101525  
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote