View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
"I just connected to a PC WINDows 7and It does recognize the kindle. I am able to browse and copy off files."

Maybe it's booting but not displaying. Given this, one could nav blindly through the menus. Something like:
  1. home - in case it's in a book or other non-home view
  2. menu
  3. down, down, down, enter
  4. menu
  5. down, down, enter

If that sequence is wrong due to menu item availability a generous application of screencaps might be helpful.

I'm not convinced a reset will do anything but it may be possible to perform.
I have a K3 with offers handy. This will have you navigate from menu to search, and then to settings. You then would have to hit menu, down, down, down, and enter to hit "reset to factory defaults".

This may be different on non-special offer models, so grain of salt.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote