View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 03:57 AM   #74
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I saw a Note 2 in a store today. It was very alluring. Though I did do a double take when the spen didn't work on the capacitive buttons at the bottom. I think I remember someone mentioning that before, but in the moment, I was pretty perplexed at why I couldn't bring up a menu.

It was a bright store, lots of windows, so I didn't really get as good of an idea about the amoled blacks as I would have liked. I read a lot, often more at night than in the day, and less brightness off the screen couldn't hurt.
I does seem wired at first but it does make more sense in practical uses. For instance the pen had a curser that floats under the pen. The cursor stops following the pen when you leave the screen so having the pen work outside of the screen would be awkward. Also it's really not that big of a deal, it's very easy to use a finger when holding the pen.

The black gets very dark, not a perfect black but close. I didn't realize how dark AMOLED got until I compared my phone vs. the nook. The nook was quiet a bit brighter. Two things I've done to get the screen to emit as little light as possible, is to use moon reader and set the fonts to dark grey.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote