View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
EileenG
Zealot
EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: My phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
That helps clarify. Given the conditions, it sounds a bit low to me. That is typical of a "never head of before author" advance. I'd probably ask them to at least double it, particularly due to the time-frame and the fact that you seem to be gaining some traction as an author.

And of course, you should be sure you are happy with that as the only money you'll make from it and with the amount of work required to meet the deadline.

I also would suspect they are also soliciting others with the same proposal.
No, I'm pretty sure they are not asking anyone else. They are going to pay the advance BEFORE I write the book, which is not something they normally do.

Considering the pulling power of this particular publisher, I'm fairly happy that there will be royalties as well, unless I write a really, really crap book.
EileenG is offline   Reply With Quote