View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
one big downside to the MP3 playing ability is that it can stay playing even when you think it's off, so it can be a huge battery-drain problem.

Far better to leave the reader as simply a reader and buy a cheap but efficient MP3 player which can handle playlists if you wish and get longer battery life out of both and no potential problems.

I tried the mp3 player on my 500 and it was so hard to manipulate the controls that I simply gave up (thus confirming what everybody had already said but I was too pigheaded to accept without proof).

The other thing to superb performance is to not use the memory cards, although it seems that using memory sticks has improved somewhat. But on the 500 using a memory card either Memory Stick or SD card slowed things down noticeably.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote