View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
Nyssa, all I can say is that it leads to a lot of very interesting things, between the dominoes falling, and the way Bran responds to it.

I was expecting that, so it didn't upset me so much. The scene that bothered me more was the second-to-last one, where Daenerys was taken by Drogo so roughly.

I'm not going to be persnickety about being true to the book on most things, but I don't understand why they did it that way on the show when, in the book, he spent so much time being gentle with her, until she was totally seduced and told him she wanted him to...

The way they did it just seems to be needlessly inflammatory, since we already had people protesting this sort of thing. They're oversensitive, IMO, but why portray him as being a brute, when he really wasn't, afaicr.
I didn't find the scene itself all that objectionable, though it wasn't a spot on representation. I figured it was partly an effort to appeal to the under 30 set and partly an effort to condense the equivalent of several pages of text scattered about the book into a single scene. That being said, they needed something to put it into context.

I had more problem with some of the casting. Most of the 'kids' were too old. I've just started the series of books, so I hope the story line will allow the actors to 'grow' into a more age appropriate role in the story.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote