View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #34
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Would you mind pointing me to the correct command(s)? There is not a specific command listed for “updating” and I am uncertain which one makes the most sense. Most of my confusion is around what actually updates Metadata. So, in attempt to see if I am understanding…….
If I add a format, doesn’t that also that update the metadata? In the export section there is a --dont-update-metadata
Is --update-metadata a valid command? I suppose that would be too easy

Or do I use set_Metadata and use field names? If I do that do I just add the ones I changed?
--fields title, comments, tags, series_index, series

Another option would be to add --duplicates, -d But, does that update the metadata?

If I understood the first part of the post, I use the correct code in a .bat file (pointing it to the caliber spreadsheet). Since I am only using the existing variable names I do not need to concatenate data. Am I at least heading in the correct direction?

Thanks.....
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote